Flash Fiction Writing Contest…
A few weeks ago we introduced the first ever flash fiction writing contest at NovelNook.com. The submission period for entry ends today at midnight. You still have time to pen that fantastic story.
Here are the official guidelines, once again
I challenge you to write a flash fiction story that incorporates these two elements: a victory at work and a defeat at home.
These are the rules
- It must be 1000 words or less.
- It must incorporate a victory at work, and a defeat at home, into the plot.
- It must be edited to the best of your ability.
- It must be submitted by Midnight, July 15th, 2013.
- You must submit it to, email@example.com.
- You must submit it in the body of the email – not an attachment.
- You must accept the results of the contest without complaining.
These are the prizes
- The winning author will receive a free cover from my graphic designer wife for the writing project of their choice.
- The winning story will also be published on the NovelNook.com blog on August 19, 2013.
- The winning story will receive a critique and an explanation as to why I chose it as the winner when it is published on the blog.
- The winning author will receive an Amazon Gift Card valued at $20.00 USD (for USA Amazon only)
The Fine Print
- The cover must be redeemed by December 31, 2013.
- This is for an electronic Ebook cover only.
- The book cover will be produced to the cover standards as dictated by Amazon.
- The prize includes design and illustration. If photography is requested, you will be responsible for purchasing the usage rights.
- You will get three consultations with the graphic designer via email: An initial interview to convey your ideas, an initial proof round, a second proof round. After that, she delivers, and you take what you get.
- All rights to your entries remain with you!! We’re asking for nothing but a good (well edited) story and first publication rights for the blog.
Second Place! Will be published on the NovelNook.com blog on August 26, 2013 and will receive a critique by me.
Here is a sample cover that my wife produced for me. I will be publishing this book on Amazon in the near future.
Hurry! Submissions end today at Midnight.
I am very opinionated about the craft of writing, and life in general. But… I am well-tempered with an enthusiasm for debate. Please leave comments, even the ugly ones, I dare you.
You can follow me at
I’m also an avid reader. If you desire success in your writing career, you should be too.
All my best on a beautiful day in South Carolina.